Effective Date: March 4, 2015
Throughout this Agreement, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The list is not all-encompassing and no definition should be considered binding to the point that it renders this Agreement nonsensical:
- “Agreement” refers to these Terms of Service;
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site or App, including our Site and App;
- “Site” refers to our website, www.tastebudapp.co;
- “Tastebud” refers to our company, known as “Josar Media Inc.”; our Site; our App; our Service; or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context in which the word is used;
- “User” refers to anyone who uses our Service, including users of our App and general visitors to our Site;
- “You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with Tastebud.
3. Information Collected
Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve User experience, our App and Site, or our Service.
- Send e-mails about our App and Site or respond to inquiries.
- Send e-mails and updates about Tastebud, including our electronic newsletter.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Users may in some cases be able to review and edit the personal information they have provided to us by logging into their account on the Site or App and editing their account. Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
Please note that we also permit third party cookies to be used on our Site.
7. Third Party Websites
Tastebud may post links to third party websites on its Site. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by Tastebud, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an Agreement with Tastebud to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you authorize us to collect, share, store, and otherwise use your information in conjunction with:
- Google Analytics
9. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times it may become necessary or desirable to Tastebud, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Site and Service, as it is in our interest to do so. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our Service secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
13. International Transfer
14. Notice Regarding Children
The App and Service are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that User’s account.